What Top Sales Leaders are Working On in 2021
Feb 02, 2021
We finally made it to 2021! I’ve been thinking a lot about how COVID, and remote working changed the landscape of sales including the growing need to feel comfortable in front of a camera, utilizing technologies to engage with prospects and finding fun ways to meet with prospects in ways that are safe, interactive, and engaging.
While a lot has changed, the fundamentals have remained the same including what you as a sales leader need to focus on to help set your team up for success. In this episode, we are sharing what the top sales leaders are working with their teams on right now to help set them up for success in 2021 and beyond.
In this episode, I talk about:
- Building confidence and competence on the phone.
- Feeling comfortable using different types of technology and following up using different avenues.
- Asking compelling strategic questions that engage prospects.
Plus much, much more, including the single biggest thing that top sales leaders are doing to help their teams succeed in 2021.
- [01:49] I love getting to work with sales leaders and learning from them just as much as their teams are learning from me.
- [02:35] The most successful sales leaders are working with their team on core fundamentals that don’t change.
- [02:58] Momentum is so important and starting off strong is critical.
- [03:04] I am sharing the three tactics and key areas where I am seeing top sales leaders consistently working with their sales teams so you can implement these for yourself individually or for your team.
- [03:29] The top sales leaders that have the top teams consistently push their teams and themselves pick up the phone on a regular basis.
- [04:08] Picking up the phone and calling somebody is one of the most effective ways to drive sales.
- [04:22] If you want yourself or your team to be successful you have got to get comfortable with picking up the phone and calling people.
- [04:37] Nail that first 30 seconds of the call. Have a way to engage with prospects that sets the tone for the conversation.
- [05:19] What happens when you make the call and they don’t answer?
- [05:29] If you don’t get an answer on the first dial, dial again.
- [06:27] If a prospect doesn’t answer, leave a message letting them know you will follow up with an email or text message.
- [06:56] Text messaging is really successful. More people are on their cell phones more than ever before. It is important that you are not selling in this text message. You are starting a conversation and set up a time for a call.
- [08:16] Work with your team on pulsing technology. Often we rely on one format of communication, but if you can pulse how you connect with your prospects you can be more successful.
- [09:06] When you can pulse questions, information, and education that is insightful that adds value, and the types of ways you’re reaching out and do it consistently it is going to make a huge difference with your team.
- [10:17] Question-based selling is going to have a huge impact. The biggest mistake that salespeople make is that they talk too much.
- [10:46] The best sales leaders are consistently helping their team ask better and more strategic questions.
- [11:32] Using questions to reframe the way that prospects are thinking about their problems and the solutions to those problems are the single biggest thing that top sales leaders are doing to help their teams succeed in 2021.
- [12:16] What are you finding is helping your team be successful in 2021?
Connect with Christy: